Yesterday, December 7, 1941 — a date which will live in infamy — the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.
어제, 치욕의 날로 기억될 1941년 12월 7일에, 미국은 일본 제국의 해군과 공군에 의해
급작스럽고 고의적인 공격을 받았습니다.

The United States was at peace with that nation, and, at the solicitation of Japan, was still in conversation with its government and its Emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific.
미국은 이 나라와 평화로운 상태에 있었으며,
일본의 요청에 의해 일본 정부와 일본 천황과
태평양에서의 평화의 유지를 위한 대화를 하고 있었습니다.

Indeed, one hour after Japanese air squadrons had commenced bombing in the American island of Oahu, the Japanese Ambassador to the United States and his colleague delivered to our Secretary of State a formal reply to a recent American message. And, while this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no threat or hint of war or of armed attack.
사실, 일본 항공대가 미국 오아후 섬에 폭격을 개시한지 한 시간이 지나서 주미 일본 대사는
최근의 미국의 서한에 대해 우리의 국무부 장관에게
의례적인 답변을 보내왔습니다.
그리고 이는 외교 관계를 지속하는 것이 무의미하다고 말하고 있었지만,
전쟁이나 무기에 의한 공격에 대한 위협이나 암시가 전혀 없었습니다.

It will be recorded that the distance of Hawaii from Japan makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time the Japanese Government has deliberately sought to deceive the United States by false statements and expressions of h0pe for continued peace.
이 일은 일본에서 하와이까지의 거리를 생각해볼 때
이 공격이 몇 일 혹은 몇 주 전에라도 신중히 계획되었다는 것이 분명하다고 생각됩니다.
두 나라 간의 화해 상태 동안 일본 정부는
평화의 지속에 대한 거짓된 성명과 표현으로
미국을 속이려고 신중히 노력해왔습니다.

The attack yesterday on the Hawaiian Islands has caused severe damage to American naval and military forces. I regret to tell you that very many American lives have been lost. In addition, American ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between San Francisco and Honolulu.
하와이 제도에 대한 어제의 공격은 미국 해군과 육군에 심각한 손실을 일으켰습니다.
저는 유감스럽게도 여러분에게 많은 미국인의 목숨이 사라졌다는 것을 알립니다.
더불어 샌프란시스코와 호놀룰루 사이 공해상의
미국 군함이 어뢰 공격을 받았음이 보고되고 있습니다.

Yesterday the Japanese Government also
lauunched an attack against Malaya. 
Last night Japanese forces attacked Hong Kong. 
Last night Japanese forces attacked Guam. 
Last night Japanese forces attacked the Philippine Islands.
Last night the Japanese attacked Wake Island. 
And this morning the Japanese attacked Midway Island.
어제 일본 정부는 말라야에 대한 공격을 시작했습니다.
어젯밤 일본군이 홍콩을 공격했습니다.
어젯밤 일본군이 괌을 공격했습니다.
어젯밤 일본군이 필리핀 제도를 공격했습니다.
어젯밤 일본이 웨이크 섬을 공격했습니다.
그리고 오늘 아침 일본이 미드웨이 섬을
공격했습니다.

Japan has therefore undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Pacific area. The facts of yesterday and today speak for themselves. The people of the United States have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our nation. 
As Commander-in-Chief of the Army and Navy I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense, that always will our whole nation remember the character of the onslaught against us.
일본은 그 결과 태평양 도처에서 놀랍고도 공격적인 확장에 착수했습니다.
어제와 오늘의 사실이 그를 말해주고 있습니다.
미국 국민은 이미 그들의 의견을 형성했으며
이 사태가 우리 국가의 생명과 안전에 미칠 영향을 잘 이해하고 있습니다.
육군과 해군의 최고사령관으로서
나는 우리의 방어를 위한 모든 방법을 지시했습니다.
이로 인해 항상 우리 국가 전체가 우리를 향한 공격의 성격을 기억하게 될 것입니다.

No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people, in their righteous might, will win through to absolute victory.
시간이 얼마나 걸리든
사전에 계획된 이 공격을 극복하기 위해서,
미국 국민은 정의의 힘으로 완전한 승리로 나아갈 것입니다.

I believe that I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make it very certain that this form of treachery shall never again endanger us.
제가 우리가 우리 자신을 최대한 지켜야할 뿐만 아니라 반드시 이러한 배신이 다시는 우리를 위협에 빠뜨리지 못하게 해두어야 한다고 주장한다면
저는 그것이 미국 의회와 국민의 의지를 대변한 것이라고 확신합니다.

Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory and our interests are in grave danger.
전쟁은 현존하고 있습니다. 우리의 국민, 영토, 이익이 중대한 위협에 처해있다는 사실을 무시할 수 없습니다.

With confidence in our armed forces, with the unbounding determination of our people, we will gain the inevitable triumph, so help us God.
우리 군에 대한 확신과 우리 국민의 결연한 의지로
우리는 필연적인 승리를 얻을 것이며,
그러므로 신이 우리를 도울 것입니다.

I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by Japan on Sunday, December 7, 1941, a state of war has existed between the United States and the Japanese Empire.
본인은 의회가 1941년 12월 7일 일요일 일본의 부당하고 비겁한 공격 이후 미국과 일본 제국 간 전쟁 상태가 성립되었음을 선언하기를 요청합니다.