Hello Chanlums

I am engrish translation gong-im

I like to noomna this blaster tracer:

사고 나서 딱 한번 쓴 에이스택 블라스터이고 그냥 한번 눔나이벤트가 꼭 해보고 싶었어서 눔나 함. 

마침 지금 불용품들을 더판하는데, 택배 한번에 부치는게 더 편하니깐 지금 이벤트를 하고 싶었어. 

대신 이 블라스터를 받으려면 다음 영어+밀덕 지식이 가득한 퀴즈를 풀어야 하지! 

퀴즈 좀 많이 어렵고, 지문이 좀 길어! 
대신 만약 카투사 나왔거나 이쪽에 가방끈이 좀 길다면 오히려 되게 쉽게 풀 수도 있을 것 같아. 

그치만 우리는 모두 외국인들이니깐 금방 풀 수 있다고 생각해 

(지문은 그냥 오늘 아침에 병가내고 쉬다가 너무 할께 없어서 호다닥 만들어봤어...)

(질문이랑 지문의 내용이랑 꼭 일치하지는 않을 수도 있다는 점 유의해줘) 

(글 오글거림 ㅈㅅ)

눔나 당첨 기준은!

1. "오늘 한국시간 오후 11시 59분까지 제일 먼저 10문제 모두 다 맞추는 사람"

2. 혹시 오후 11시 59분까지 만점자가 없을 경우, 가장 많이 맞춘 사람이 가져감. 

"1. A, 2. B, 3.C"
이런식으로 댓글창에 적어주면 내가 순차적으로 확인하고 당첨자한테 오카 달라고 할께.

GLHF!

Read the following passage and answer the questions. 

“What the fuck should we do now, sarge?”

Sergent Sopbung was indeed, shell-shocked. A sense of hopelessness shivered down his spines. Unbeknownst to the members of his squad, his panicking mind rendered him useless, ceasing him to function as an effective team leader. His plans awry, his aim amiss, he simply continued to return fire to the hordes of enemy swarming to his position. 

“Omega, this is Sierra 4, fire mission, over.”

“Sierra 4, send, over.”

“Omega, this is Sierra 4. Requesting immediate fire support on grid Alpha, Delta, Charlie, Zulu, one, five, zero, niner, six, seven.   

“Sierra 4, negative. All fire support units are routed for other targets.” 

“Omega, requesting immediate fire support, any kind, ASAP! Visual on 50+ Tangos flooding our position!”

As Sopbung and his men hurdled through the valley of death, Major Hummel and other members of the support staff were carefully watching the live feed sent by the MQ-9 Reaper drone.

‘Maybe a Hellfire would work.’ Hummel thought to himself, only to realize the reaper already exhausted all its weapons. 

“Get me all available fire support units, stat. Army, Air Force, Marines, Space Force, I don’t give a shit. Give me all available options on the table.”

While others were silent, Captain Das quickly stood up to brief the Major. 

“All artillery and mortar fire support units are unavailable at the moment, sir. The quickest air support contingent would be available in Osan or Chungju. We can call the liaison officer at ROK AFOC, possibly pull some pins, but the CFC won’t allow any kind of air support over Sierra 4’s location.”

“Why so?”

“CFC is sensitive about the possibility of collateral damage due to the dense civilian population around the area. They share the same sentiment with the higher-ups. INDOPACOM is adamant we can’t repeat another wave of negative PR reaching the eyes of Americans tonight.” 

“These are my men! I promised them I would get their ass out myself. If INDOPACOM wouldn’t allow me to send a fighter to blast those Kim Jong-un fanatics back to where they belong, then put me on the phone with the Secretary of Defense! FUCK!” 

As Hummel and his staff sought ways to overcome the bureaucratic hurdles, Sopbung’s squad was already overrun with terror.

“Last mag!”

“Last mag!” 

Soldiers of Sierra 4 were draining their last mags, but the enemy kept charging forward. Corporal Heung-Kook pulled out his sidearm, squeezed few rounds towards the enemy, and turned towards Sopbung. 

“I guess they ain’t coming for us, aren’t they sarge? Well shit. I must have called Jenny in the morning… if it wasn’t for that shitty internet …”

Sopbung clearly heard Heung-Kook’s lamentations, but his brain was already unable to process that much information. He too, drained up his magazine, even the one for his sidearm. With one round remaining in the chamber, he thought to himself, it would be better to die with dignity rather than ending up in those messed-up gulags in Yodok. He sat down, back towards the enemy lines, took a good look at the picture of his family one last time, and slowly brought the muzzle of his issued Sig Sauer handgun to his temples. 

“¡Ay, compadre! ¡Ahora no es un buen momento para morir!

‘What the fuck?’

Sopbung was confused. He would expect English, Korean, maybe Chinese or Russian. But Spanish? Maybe he was dreaming, after all. He slowly opened his eyes, to see what the next twist to his never-ending nightmare was. 

Beyond all expectations, Sopbung saw a man, with tall and fine build, and a long hair unbefitting an officer, wearing a cowboy hat and holding a FN FAL. He thought, if Jesus was a 21st century Spanish-speaking operator, he would be looking at one right now. 

¡Los soldados del Paraguay nunca se detienen! ¡Rápidamente! ¡Posiciones seguras!

Captain Vargas took his position next to Sopbung, downing two men charging at him. He ordered his deputy, Sergent Perla, to call for fire support. 

“But there are no available CAS elements in the AO!”

“Ay, Gringo, why bother? Your other Gringo friend Hummel got us a nice gift from Osan, eh?” 

As Vargas dealt with visibly confused Sopbung, Sgt. Perla established comms with the “gift”. 

“Sierra 4, Widowmaker 52, Checking in, 2-ship A-10C, 15nm north of Kaeseong, flight level 165, 2 GBU-12, 2 AGM-65D, 1 30mm cannon each, 30 min playtime, abort code in the clear.” 

“Widowmaker 52, Sierra 4, copy. Standby for AO update.” 

Perla proceeded to punch in the 9-line. 

“Widowmaker 52, Sierra 4, AO Update. I am embedded with a US Army 75th Ranger platoon 200 meters south of Kaeseong. Clearance NOT JTAC. We’ve got multiple enemy north of our position attacking us. AAA and MANPADs unknown. Say when ready 9-LINE”

“Ready 9-LINE”

“Widowmaker 52, Sierra 4, as fragged, 270 offset north, 10.4, 100 feet, multiple infantry column, grid 0-7 0-7 Keypad 7, target marked with IR laser, 200 meters south, pilot discretion.”

“Sierra 4, Widowmaker 52, read back, 1-0-0 feet, 0-7 07 Keypad 7, 200 meters south. Ready for remarks & restrictions.”

“Widowmaker 52, Sierra 4, good read back. Request 2 AGM-65D and 1 30mm cannon, 100m spacing, East to West run-in heading. DANGER CLOSE.” 

“Sierra 4, Widowmaker 52, 2 AGM-65D and 1 30mm cannon, 100 meter spacing, East to West run-in. Copy Danger Close. Ready talk on. I see multiple enemy combatant heading south to entrenched position”

“Widowmaker 52, Sierra 4, call contact on 100+ enemy combatant heading south to friendly position.”

“Contact”

“That is your target.”

“Captured. In from the east, 15 seconds.”

“Widowmaker 52, Sierra 4. Cleared hot.”

A few seconds have passed. 

A flash of Mavericks shook the building, following a deafening roar of the GAU-8/A 30mm cannon. 

Then, all fell silent on the battlefield. 

ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS. 

1. Based on the text, it can be inferred that Sierra 4 is a part of:

A. SFOD-A (Green Berets)

B. SFOD-D (Delta; CAG)

C. Navy Seal

D. 75th Rangers

E. 101st Airborne 

2. Based on the text, it can be inferred that Capt. Vargas and Sgt. Perla are from:

1. Madrid
  2. Rio De Janeiro
  3. Asuncion
  4. Mexico City
  5. Santiago 

3. Based on the U.S. Department of Defense GLOSSARY OF ACRONYMS and ABBREVIATIONS, the Secretary of Defense is abbreviated as:
(https://dacipad.whs.mil/images/Public/10-Reading_Room/03_Acronyms_Terms/DoD_Acronyms_Dictionary.pdf

1. SDefense
  2. SecDef
  3. SecretaryDef
  4. SDef 
  5. DefSec

4. For the following abbreviations, the corresponding terms are:

1. CFC – Collateral Forces Center / AFOC – Anti-Fog Operations Center
  2. CFC – Combined Fort Center / AFOC – Air Force Operations Command
  3. CFC – Combined Forces Command / AFOC – Air Force Operations Center
  4. CFC – Combined Forces Center / AFOC – Air Force Operations Command
  5. CFC – Combined Forces Command / AFOC – Air Force Operations Command 

5. Based on the text, Sgt. Perla is ordering CAS as a: 

1. JTAC
  2. SOTAC
  3. JFO
  4. FAC(A)
  5. Unclear. Perla cannot be a JTAC/SOTAC/JFO/FAC(A) due to his nationality.

6. When all hope is lost, Sopbung draws his firearm and brings it to his “temple.” In Korean, “temple” is:

1. 이마
  2. 입천장
  3. 관자놀이
  4. 목덜미
  5. 정수리

7. In desperation, Major Hummel tries to call for fire support element from various branches of the U.S. Military. In doing so, he does not mention: 
 (Two Answer Choices)

1. Marine Corps
  2. Navy
  3. Air Force
  4. Coast Guard
  5. Army 

8. In the passage, a fire support mission is provided by an A-10C. This aircraft is commonly referred to as: 

1. Thunderbolt
  2. Thunderbolt I
  3. Thunderbolt II
  4. Warthog 
  5. Pig 

9. Sopbung is a Sergeant. Based on the Enlisted Rank Insignia of the United States Army, Sopbung is an:

1. E-2
  2. E-3
  3. E-4
  4. E-5
  5. E-6

10. In the passage, Sergeant Sopbung is paired up with Corporal Heung-Kook. In the Arca.live Airsoft Channel Community, Heung-Kook commonly refers to which distinguished firearms manufacturer? 

1. Sig Sauer
  2. Glock
  3. Colt
  4. Heckler & Koch
  5. FN Herstal