Serious issues about Wrath I want to talk about.

레이스 심각하게 구린 썰 푼다

https://www.reddit.com/r/AlchemyStarsEN/comments/ocde0h/serious_issues_about_wrath_i_want_to_talk_about/

I know a lot of people as well as friends of mine who mained Wrath as their leader and really enjoyed the experience, but as someone who extensively used Wrath as leader also since release, I have several observations and gripes I would like to point out.

내 친구들 포함해서 레이스 뽑은 사람들이 걜 리더로 쓰면서 정말 재미 본 거 알아

하지만 게임 오픈 때부터 레이스를 리더로 쓴 사람으로서, 지적하고 비판해야 될 점들이 한 두가지가 아니야

Jack of all trades, master of none 뭐든 뛰어난데 뭐 하나 잘 하는 게 없지

First of all, archetype-wise she's a sniper whose chain combo deals splash damage on 4 surrounding tiles on 1/2/3 targets at 4/9/13 tiles. This is the part that I enjoyed the most about Wrath—being a hybrid sniper/detonator that handled both mob/elite clearing and boss killing decently well.

우선, 레이스는 전형적인 스나이퍼로 4/9/13 타일을 밟을 때마다 1/2/3개 대상에게 스플댐을 줄 수 있는 연쇄 스킬을 갖고 있지. 이게 내가 레이스를 좋아하는 이유야. 스나이퍼와 버스터의 하이브리드로서 잡몹이든 보스몹이든 꽤 잘 잡아내거든.

However, this comes at a drawback, as she struggles more on mob clearing compared to normal snipers like Vice as she only gains multi-targeting at 9+ tiles, which is only feasible with good tile rng or a lot of tile converters, and extremely apparent on auto. Grouping mobs together to take advantage of her splash is nice, but the low splash mod of 30% is not worth building your entire comp over that trait. When it comes to bosses, she also has worse performance against detonators unless you truly capitalize on her Overload turns with Aurora Time to squeeze out more shots.

그치만 이건 단점으로도 작용해. 레이스는 잡몹청소할 때 고생하는 편인데, 바이스처럼 일반적인 스나이퍼는 고작 타일 9칸만 밟아도 잡몹 청소를 잘 해내거든. 오토 돌릴때 체인저들을 챙겨가거나 운빨만 있다면 어려운 일도 아니야. 똘똘 뭉친 적들에게 레이스의 스플댐이 좋은 건 맞아. 하지만 위력이 고작 30%라 고작 그걸 위한답시고 머리를 쥐어짤 필요는 없어. (※역주: 풀돌하면 50%로 늘어남) 보스전에서도 마찬가지야. 레이스는 오버로드 키고 오로라 타임으로 조금이라도 딜을 뽑아내지 않는 이상 버스터보다 효율이 구려.

These aforementioned problems, I am entirely fine with as she can still handle mobs fine with careful play and her boss damage output is satisfactory for her infinite range. Her Active Skill can generate some insane burst damage with good setup indeed. She has a multitude of problems outside of that though.

뭐, 앞서 언급한 문제들이 있더라도 난 괜찮다고 봐. 조심스레 플레이하면서 잡몹들을 처리할 수도 있고, 사거리 제한 없이 보스전에서 딜을 뽑아낼 수 있으니까 말야. 레이스도 세팅만 잘 하면 액티브 스킬로 딜뽕에 취할 수 있어. 하지만 이 외에도 레이스가 지닌 문제가 많아.

Wrath's real issues 레이스의 진짜 문제점들

Second of all, Wrath's chain combo has 110%-120% mod on the main target. This is one of the lowest chain combo modifiers in the game. Not only does Wrath have the lowest Atk among 6* Snipers (3406 Atk when fully maxed out compared to Connolly's 3528 and Migard's 3781), her modifiers are vastly lower than average snipers. In comparison, her 4* counterpart Kafka has 160% chain combo mod as well as 50% splash at Ascension 3. Wrath's Equipment at level 10 only boost her modifiers up to effectively 132%-156% mod/39% splash. So Wrath is using her entire equipment to reach standard sniper modifiers.

둘째로, 레이스의 연쇄 스킬 계수는 110~120%밖에 안 돼. 이건 게임 통틀어서 가장 낮은 계수라고. 레이스는 6성 스나이퍼 중에서 공격력이 가장 낮을 뿐만 아니라(레이스: 3406, 코놀리: 3528, 미자드: 3781), 전 스나이퍼 캐릭터 중에서도 연쇄 계수가 굉장히 낮아. 레이스랑 비슷한 4성 캐릭인 카프카랑 비교해볼 때, 걘 연쇄 스킬 계수가 160%에 3각까지 하면 스플댐도 50%로 늘어난단 말야. 레이스의 장비 스킬을 10까지 올려도 계수는 132~156%/스플댐은 39%까지만 올라가. 요는 레이스가 장비 스킬을 다 찍어야 겨우 스나이퍼 평균 수준에 도달한단 말이지.

As a result, not surprisingly Wrath's chain combo damage can be even lower than 4* snipers. For reference, at Ascension 3 Affinity 10 Equipment 3 Level 1, she is dealing less damage than Kafka on 13+ chain comboes until mobs have more than 354 DEF, and on lower tile chain comboes the threshold can go up as much as 1318 DEF. This is an immensely huge difference, as for reference our beloved 8-14 boss on phase 1 has 828 DEF roughly, so Wrath has worse performance on bad turns on the boss, and even worse when it comes to mob clearing. That's not to mention Kafka pulls ahead even more against big targets due to better splash mods unless Wrath is Breakthrough 6/on Overload.

결국엔 레이스의 연쇄 스킬 위력이 4성 스나이퍼보다 떨어지게 되는 거야. 참고로 3각 1레벨까지 올리고 장비 10렙 찍었다고 할 때, 방어력이 354보다 낮은 몹한테 레이스는 카프카보다 연쇄 스킬 딜량이 떨어져. 그 방어력 하한선은 타일이 적을수록 1318까지 올라가. 이거 되게 큰 차이야. 이를테면 8-14 보스몹의 1페이즈 방어력은 828이거든. 그래서 레이스는 보스전에서 효율이 더 구려지고, 잡몹들을 청소할 때는 그게 더 심해져. 레이스가 풀돌하고 오버로드를 키기 전까지 카프카가 대형몹을 잘 잡는건 말할 필요도 없지.

Again, her modifiers becomes standard once you invested into her equipment, but that means her entire equipment is spent on improving her chain combo damage up to slightly above average. For a 6* DPS who has no other utility compared to Sharona/Michael/Jona/Charon/Migard/etc., she can feel quite underwhelming at times.

다시 말해, 레이스의 연쇄 스킬 계수는 장비 만렙 찍는 걸로 평균값에 도달할 수 있지만, 이건 반대로 연쇄 스킬 계수 올리자고 장비 스킬을 낭비하는 거나 다름 없단 거야. 그 외 6성 딜러들, 시로나/미카엘/요나/카론/미자드/기타 등등...에 비교할 때 좋은 유틸을 지니고 있지도 않으니, 때때론 레이스한테 실망을 금치 못하겠어.

Conclusion 결론

This is not a post to shit on Wrath users/mains, as I am very fond of Wrath's design from art to kit. Her burst-oriented active skill synergizes a lot with tile converters to generate big burst turns like Irridon, allowing her to have a very high damage ceiling, and her sniper/detonator hybrid style makes her very unique. Nevertheless, her issues can make her unfavorable in a lot of situations as a Leader DPS and even more so on Auto farming, hopefully people who planning to invest into her do take note of this. And for those of you who managed to read until this point, thank you very much for reading the rants of a stranger on the Internet.

이 글은 레이스 유저들이나 주력인 사람한테 꼽주려고 쓴 게 아니야. 나도 레이스는 외모부터 구성까지 전부 좋아하거든. 이리돈과 같은 체인저들과 조합하면 레이스의 액티브 폭딜은 천상계도 노려봄직 해. 그리고 스나이퍼/버스터 하이브리드란 건 레이스를 매력적이게 해주지. 그럼에도 불구하고 상술한 문제점들이 오토 파밍을 비롯해 여러 상황에서 레이스를 불리하게 만들어. 바라건대 레이스를 키워보고 싶은 사람은 이 점을 유의하도록 하자. 지금까지 인터넷 개듣보가 쓴 글을 읽어준 사람들 너무 고마워.

Have a great day and good luck on your AS journey!

백팡러들 행운을 빌고 즐겜하자고!

PS: I am thankful to receive many people's arguments and opinions, and I already fully expected disagreements due to this controversial opinion. Overall I'd like to say that compared to other 6* units in the game right now, I still feel Wrath has quite a lot of problems for a raw DPS 6* with no other utility outside of very certain situations. But that could just be a problem with stage design and she will shine a lot more often who knows lol. But at the end of the day, everyone's entitled to their own opinions, this is just my grain of salt.

추신: 많은 레딧러들 주장과 견해 나눠줘서 고마워. 내 주관에 관해 여러 이야기가 나올 거란건 이미 예상하곤 있었어. 난 전반적으로 레이스가 게임 상 다른 6성들과 비교해봤을 때, 여러 상황에서 레이스가 다른 6성 딜러들보다 문제가 많은건 여전하다고 생각해. 하지만 그건 밸런스 기획 면에선 단순한 문제에 불과할지도 몰라, 언젠간 지금보다 평가가 오를지도 모르겠지ㅎ. 누구든 자기가 가진 생각이 다를 수도 있어, 내 생각도 적당히 걸러들어야 할 거야.

(※역주: 서양 게이머들은 전체적으로 비판적인 글에 관해서 반대하는 풍조를 지니고 있음, 좋게 말하면 관대하고 나쁘게 말하면 꼰대스럽고)

Once again, thank you very much for spending time on this long-ass post.

다시 한번, 내 장문 읽는데 시간 할애해줘서 고맙다.