<링크>

https://arca.live/b/textgame/7332729 1편

생각보다 운이 따라줘서 금방 또 올리네. ㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ

이번 편은 장문 있어서 극혐 주의임.

TRPG 설정이나 원작 설정 갑툭튀함.

AI는 떡밥 푸는 거 은근 좋아하는 듯.

===============================================================

You wait patiently as the commander calls a meeting. The A squad and the B squad gather in the meeting room.

"All right, everyone, listen up," Commander Nishino says. "There may be a leader organizing the demons."

"That's ridiculous," Doctor Kito says. "The demons are too stupid to have a leader."

"I think it's possible," Lieutenant Tachibana says. "It explains why the demons have been acting so coordinated.

사령관이 회의를 열 때까지 당신은 인내심 있게 기다렸다. 회의실에서 A 소대와 B 소대가 모인다.

“좋아, 모두 주목.” 니시노 사령관이 말한다. “악마들을 이끄는 지휘관이 있을 지도 모른다는 정보를 입수했다.”

“말도 안 되는 소리를.” 키토 박사가 말한다. “지휘관이 있다고 하기에는 악마들은 너무 무식해.”

“충분히 가능하다고 봅니다.” 타치바나 중위가 말한다. “어째서 악마들이 체계적으로 움직이는 지 설명이 돼요.”

> Taek-boong says "According to the traitor from the Harajuku Shelter, demons are planning to mess with the air filters, and release deadly gas in all of the shelters in Japan. They are well-too organized to be an individual attack."

"That's correct," Lieutenant Tachibana says. "The demons have been targeting the shelters that are in alliance with each other. If they were individuals acting on their own, they would've attacked any shelter at random. But there was an organization to it, meaning there is a leader giving orders to them.

"That's right," you say. "And the plan to release the deadly gas as well. They're planning to kill everyone in the shelters."

"Why didn't you tell us this before?" Doctor Kito asks.

>“하라주쿠 쉘터의 배신자에 따르면, 악마들은 공기 필터를 건드려서 일본 내의 모든 쉘터 안에 치명적인 가스를 방출할 계획입니다. 개별적인 공격이라고 하기에는 너무나도 조직화되어 있습니다.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

“정확해.” 타치바나 중위가 말한다. “악마들은 서로 연합을 맺고 있던 쉘터들을 목표로 삼았어. 만약 개별적인 공격이었다면, 무작위로 어떠한 쉘터든 습격했을 거야. 하지만 조직화된 움직임을 본다면, 명령을 내리는 지휘관이 있겠지.”

“맞습니다.” 당신이 말한다. “치명적인 가스를 방출할 계획도 그렇습니다. 쉘터 안의 모든 사람들을 살해할 심산입니다.”

“어째서 진작에 알려주지 않은 거지?” 키토 박사가 묻는다.

> Taek-boong says "Because we just returned to the Hatsudai Shelter after hearing this. I strongly urge that we need to form a plan to prevent the demons from releasing the deadly gas inside the shelter."

"That's a good idea," the commander says. "Does anyone have any ideas?"

You open your mouth to speak, but Doctor Kito interrupts you. "We should send a small team to the air filtration room to prevent the demons from entering and releasing the gas.

>”이 정보를 들은 직후, 하츠다이 쉘터에 막 복귀한 참이기 때문입니다. 악마들이 쉘터 내에 치명적인 가스를 방출하는 것을 방지해야 합니다. 그에 대한 계획을 세울 것을 강력히 제안합니다.”

“좋은 생각이군.” 사령관이 말한다. “다들 생각해 둔 것이 있나?”

당신이 입을 열려고 하자, 키토 박사가 먼저 끼어든다. “악마들이 침입해서 가스를 방출하는 것을 막도록 소규모 팀을 공기 여과기가 있는 방에 투입해야 한다.”

> Taek-boong says "I agree with Doctor Kito. Moreover, I would like to suggest four things. I will talk about them in order. First of all, I suggest to warn all the other surviving shelters about the demons planning to release a deadly gas within the shelters. I believe it is highly likely that other shelters are completely unaware of what the demons are planning. However, it is physically impossible for us to warn the other shelters in a short time. Is there a way to communicate with other shelters without directly heading there?"

"We have a walkie-talkie," Lieutenant Tachibana says, "but the last time we tried to use it was five years ago. The battery died and we never replaced it."

>”키토 박사님의 말씀이 옳습니다. 거기에 더해, 네 가지의 제안을 제출하고 싶습니다. 순서대로 말씀드리겠습니다. 첫 번째로, 저는 현재 생존 중인 다른 모든 쉘터들에게 악마들이 치명적인 가스를 방출할 것이라는 경고를 보내는 것을 제안합니다. 다른 쉘터들이 악마들의 계획에 대해서 전혀 모르고 있을 가능성이 높다고 봅니다. 그러나, 저희가 단시간에 모든 쉘터에 직접 가서 경고하는 것을 물리적으로 불가능합니다. 다른 쉘터에 직접적으로 가지 않는 채로 연락할 방법이 있겠습니까?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

“무전기가 있어.” 타치바나 중위가 말한다. “하지만 마지막으로 사용한 것은 5년 전이야. 배터리는 전부 나갔고, 그 이후로는 교체한 적이 없어.”

> Taek-boong says "I see. Finding a new battery for the walkie-takie would be required, but it seems that we can't rule out the possibility that walkie-talkies from the other shelters also ran out of batteries. I am aware that people can send e-mails via personal computer, and there are even online forums that people could post on. If it is possible, I would like to suggest Commander Nishino to send an e-mail to the Devil Busters in all the other surviving shelters about the demons' plan to release a deadly gas within the shelters, and concerns about a leader possibly commanding the demons. An e-mail from a single Devil Buster, or a citizen might be took as a joke, but a e-mail from the commander himself would give credibility to the e-mail they will receive."

"It's worth a try," Doctor Kito says.

"I agree," the commander says. "We need to warn the other shelters about the demons' plan, otherwise, they will all die. I will ask my secretary to send a e-mail to all the other shelters."

"I also have three more suggestions,"

>”알겠습니다. 무전기를 위해 새 배터리를 찾는 것이 필요하겠지만, 다른 쉘터가 보유한 무전기도 역시 똑같이 배터리가 다 떨어졌을 가능성을 배제할 수는 없을 듯 합니다. 현재 쉘터 내의 PC로 이메일을 보내는 것이 가능하며, 온라인 포럼도 역시 접속이 가능한 것으로 알고 있습니다. 만약 가능하시다면, 니시노 사령관님께서 직접 현재 생존 중인 다른 쉘터들에게 악마들의 계획, 그리고 그들을 이끌고 있을 지 모를 지휘관에 대한 우려를 이메일로 보내시는 것을 제안드립니다. 일개 데빌 버스터나 민간인으로부터 이메일을 송신한다면 장난으로 치부될 수도 있겠습니다만, 사령관님께서 직접 이메일을 보내신다면 그에 대한 신용성을 높일 수 있으리라 생각됩니다.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

“해볼 만 하군.” 키토 박사가 말한다.

“동감한다.” 사령관이 말한다. “다른 쉘터들이 악마들의 계획을 경고 받지 않는다면, 전멸하겠지. 내 비서에게 다른 쉘터들에게 이메일을 보내도록 지시하지.”

“세 가지를 더 말씀드리겠습니다.”

> Taek-boong says "Second, according to the Devil Buster training, we should be aware that we call various supernatural beings that are not human as a demon. Therefore, there are various type of demons aside from the traditional demon; Angels, Fairies, Deity, Goddess, and so on. They also vary on their attitude towards humans. This means even if demons are starting to get organized under a leader, not all of them would be agreeing on the matter of attacking shelters. If we could find one of them on the surface, we might be able to negotiate with them and get more information about the demons on the surface. I am aware that there are computer programs distributed to veteran Devil Busters; Devil Communication System program that will allow humans to talk with demons without any risk, and Digital Devil Summoner program that will allow humans to make contract, and summon demons as loyal allies. I suggest giving trained and volunteering Devil Busters access to the Hatsudai Shelter's main computer to let them download those programs to their wristband portable computers. This would allow them to interact and negotiate with demons that will not be hostile to humans on first sight, therefore allowing more Devil Busters to hear more information and make demons as their allies."

"Interesting idea," the commander says. "But I would like to know more about this plan. Would it be possible for Devil Busters to communicate with other Devil Busters on the surface through the wristband computers? We wouldn't want them to get cut off from each other in a time of crisis.

>”두 번째로, 저희들은 데빌 버스터 훈련을 통해서 악마들이란 인간이 아닌 다양한 초자연적인 존재를 일컫는 단어임을 알고 있을 것입니다. 그러므로, 전통적인 악마 외에도 천사, 요정, 마신, 여신 등을 볼 수 있겠지요. 거기에, 그 종류에 따라 악마들은 인간에 대한 태도가 다르기도 합니다. 이는 곧 악마들이 지휘관 아래에서 조직화되고 있더라 하더라도, 모든 악마들이 쉘터의 습격에 동의하는 것은 아니라는 의미입니다. 만약 그러한 악마를 지상에서 찾을 수 있다면, 저희는 해당 악마와 교섭하여, 지상에 있는 악마들의 움직임을 파악할 수 있으리라 생각됩니다. 베테랑 데빌 버스터들에게 지급되는 컴퓨터 프로그램이 있는 것으로 알고 있습니다. 바로 인간이 리스크 없이 악마와 대화할 수 있도록 해주는 데빌 커뮤니케이션 시스템 프로그램, 그리고 인간이 악마와 계약을 맺고 소환을 해주도록 하는 디지털 데빌 서머너 프로그램입니다. 저는 이에 지원할 훈련된 데빌 버스터들에게 손목 부착형 컴퓨터로 해당 프로그램들을 다운로드 받을 수 있도록 허락해주셨으면 합니다. 이는 데빌 버스터들이 인간에게 무조건적으로 적대적이지 않은 악마들과 접촉 및 교섭하여 지상의 악마들에 대한 정보를 입수하고, 그러한 악마를 아군으로서 끌어들일 수 있게 해주리라고 봅니다.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

“흥미로운 제안이로군.” 사령관이 말한다. “그러나 이 계획에 대해서 더 묻고 싶은 것이 있군. 혹시 데빌 버스터들이 손목 부착형 컴퓨터를 통해서 지상에서 다른 데빌 버스터들과 연락을 주고 받을 수 있는가? 긴급 상황 시에 서로 연락할 방법이 있다면 좋겠군.”

> Taek-boong says "I am sure people can access e-mail via wristband computers. Would that be sufficient, Commander Nishino?"

"Perfect. We can use this method of communication for now."

"I also have a third suggestion, but it is in regards to the Devil Busters as a whole," Taek-boong says.

"Oh? Speak up, then."

>”손목 부착형 컴퓨터를 통해서 이메일을 주고 받을 수 있습니다. 혹시 그것만으로 괜찮으시겠습니까, 사령관님?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

“완벽하군. 당분간은 그 방법을 취하도록 하지.”

“세 번째 제안에 대해서이지만, 이는 데빌 버스터 전체에 대해서이기도 합니다.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

“흠? 말해보게나.”

> Taek-boong says "Third, we should be making more hazmat suits just in case the Hatsudai Shelter failed to prevent demons from releasing deadly gas. The hazmat suit will definitely protect people from the deadly gas, but I am aware that it is few in its numbers. I suggest that tech gurus should make much more hazmat suits for all the Devil Busters and the citizens of the Hatsudai Shelter to offer them methods to protect themselves from the deadly gas."

"An interesting suggestion. What do you think, Mr. Hayasaka?" the commander asks.

"I think we should be making much more hazmat suits," Tatsuya Hayasaka says. "I can make about ten or so hazmat suits a day if I have enough material to make the rubber and plastic.

>”세 번째로, 만약에 하츠다이 쉘터에 치명적인 가스의 방출을 막지 못 했을 경우를 대비해서 방호복을 더 만들 것을 제안드립니다.  방호복은 인체를 가스로부터 보호할 수 있지만, 하츠다이 쉘터 내에서는 숫자가 매우 적은 것으로 알고 있습니다. 하츠다이 쉘터의 기술자들이 모든 데빌 버스터들과 민간인들을 위해 방호복을 지급할 수 있도록 더 많이 제작하는 편이 좋다고 봅니다.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

“흥미롭군. 어떻게 생각하나, 하야사카 박사?” 사령관이 묻는다.

“방호복을 더 만드는 편이 좋기는 하겠어.” 타츠야 하야사카가 말한다. “만약 충분한 고무와 플라스틱이 있다면, 하루에 열 벌 이상 씩은 제작할 수 있겠어.”

> Taek-boong says "If that is so, I think Commander Nishino could give the Devil Busters a mission to collect rubber and plastic from the surface. Finally, just like the hazmat suit, I believe we need a backup plan to evacuate to other surviving shelter. Yes, protecting the Hatsudai Shelter safe and sound is the most ideal result, but we must hope for the best, and prepare for the worst. I suggest making an evacuation plan for the citizens of Hatsudai Shelter if things do not go as planned."

"Interesting suggestions," the commander says. "I will think about it."

>”만약 그렇다면, 니시노 사령관님께서 데빌 버스터에 지상으로부터 고무와 플라스틱을 수집하는 임무를 배정하실 수 있을 듯 합니다. 마지막으로, 방호복 건처럼 다른 생존 중인 쉘터로의 대피하는 차선 계획을 세우시는 것을 제안드립니다. 하츠다이 쉘터를 무사히 방어하는 것이 최선의 결과이지만, 언제나 최선을 바라되 최악을 대비해야 합니다. 만약 최악의 상황이 될 경우, 하츠다이 쉘터의 민간인들을 위한 대피 계획을 세우셨으면 합니다.”

“흥미로운 제안을 내주는군.” 사령관이 말한다. “검토해보도록 하지.”

> Taek-boong says "That is all of my suggestions, thank you for hearing me out. Moreover, I would like to volunteer to download the Devil Communication System program and the Digital Devil Summoner program into my wristband computer. May I ask for your permission to download the programs from the main computer, Commander Nishino?"

"You may," the commander says. "Thank you for your suggestions, Taek-boong. I will take them into consideration."

"I would also like to volunteer to help," Tatsuya Hayasaka says.

"Thank you for your suggestions, Mr. Hayasaka. I will take them into consideration as well," the commander says. "The both of you are dismissed."

>”이로서 제 모든 제안을 제시했습니다. 들어주셔서 감사합니다. 거기에 더해, 저는 데빌 커뮤니케이션 시스템, 그리고 디지털 데빌 서머너 프로그램을 다운로드 하는 데에 지원하고 싶습니다. 메인 컴퓨터에 접속하여 해당 프로그램들을 다운로드 받을 수 있도록 허락해주시겠습니까, 니시노 사령관님?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

“허락한다.” 사령관이 말한다. “제안을 해주어 고맙구나, 텍붕이. 진지하게 검토해보마.”

“나도 또한 지원하도록 하지.” 타츠야 하야사카가 말한다.

“지원에 감사하지, 하야사카 박사. 자네의 제안도 검토해보도록 하지.” 사령관이 말한다. “둘은 해산해도 좋다.”

> Taek-boong says "Yes, sir!"

You salute the commander and walk out of his office.

"So, what do you think he'll do?" you ask Tatsuya Hayasaka.

"He'll probably make a mission for us to gather more supplies, then we'll make an evacuation plan," Tatsuya Hayasaka says.

>”알겠습니다!” 텍붕이가 말한다.

당신은 사령관을 향해 경례하고, 사무실로부터 나왔다.

“그래서, 어떻게 되실 것이라 보십니까?” 당신이 타츠야 하야사카에게 묻는다.

“아마 우리들에게 지상에서 자원을 더 모으는 임무를 내줄 테고, 그 후에 대피 계획을 세울 테지.” 타츠야 하야사카가 말한다.

> Taek-boong says "Exactly like I have suggested, huh? I wish you luck on making more hazmat suits, I believe it is a hard work of its own. Will you guide me to the main computer?"

"Follow me," Tatsuya Hayasaka says.

You walk through the hallways until you reach the computer room. Tatsuya Hayasaka sits in front of one of the computers and starts typing on the keyboard.

"Here it is," he says. "The Demon Summoning Program."

>”제가 제안드렸던 것처럼 말씀이시군요. 방호복을 제작하시는 데에 행운을 빌겠습니다. 그 또한 힘든 일일 테니까요. 괜찮으시다면, 메인 컴퓨터까지의 안내를 부탁드려도 되겠습니까?”

“따라오게.” 타츠야 하야사카가 말한다.

당신은 컴퓨터실에 도착할 때까지 복도를 걸었다. 타츠야 하야사카는 컴퓨터 중 하나 앞에 앉고는, 키보드를 두드리기 시작한다.

“여기 있군.” 그가 말한다. “악마 소환 프로그램.”

> Taek-boong gives his wristband portable computer to Tatsuya Hayasaka. Tatsuya Hayasaka soon connects the wristband portable computer to the main computer, and starts typing on the keyboard. After some moment, a message appears on Taek-boong's wristband computer that the download of the Devil Communication System program, and the Digital Devil Summoner program is complete.

"Thanks for your help," you say as you grab your wristband computer.

"No problem," Tatsuya Hayasaka says. "I'm glad to help."

You leave the computer room and wave goodbye to Tatsuya Hayasaka.

>텍붕이는 자신의 손목 부착형 컴퓨터를 타츠야 하야사카에게 건네주었다. 타츠야 하야사카는 메인 컴퓨터에 손목형 컴퓨터를 연결하고는, 키보드를 다시 두드린다. 얼마 후, 텍붕이의 손목 부착형 컴퓨터의 스크린 위에는 데빌 커뮤니케이션 시스템 프로그램과 디지털 데빌 서머너 프로그램의 다운로드가 완료되었다는 메시지가 떴다.

“도와주셔서 감사합니다.” 당신은 손목 부착형 컴퓨터를 손에 쥐고 말한다.

“그럴 필요 없네.” 타츠야 하야사카가 말한다. “도와줄 수 있어 기쁘네.”

당신은 컴퓨터실을 떠나며, 타츠야 하야사카에게 인사하였다.

> Taek-boong waits in his room until Tsubasa Kashiwazaki, Kyoko Tokinata, Yuzuki Fuwa, and Lieutenant Tachibana is dismissed from the meeting.

You wait in your room until Tsubasa Kashiwazaki, Kyoko Tokinata, Yuzuki Fuwa, and Lieutenant Tachibana are dismissed from the meeting.

After some waiting, you hear a knock on the door.

>회의로부터 츠바사 카시와자키, 쿄코 토키나타, 유즈키 후와, 그리고 타치바나 중위가 해산될 때까지 텍붕이는 방에서 기다렸다.

얼마 후, 당신은 누군가가 문을 두드리는 소리를 들었다.

> Taek-boong says "You may come in."

Tsubasa Kashiwazaki enters the room.

"What are you doing here, Tsubasa?" you ask. "I thought you were dismissed along with the rest of the squad."

"I wanted to talk to you about the new mission," Tsubasa Kashiwazaki says.

>”들어오셔도 괜찮습니다.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

방에 들어오는 것은 츠바사 카시와자카였다.

“무슨 일이야, 츠바사?” 당신이 묻는다. “다른 소대원들과 함께 해산한 것 아니였어?”

“새 임무에 대해서 말하고 싶은 게 있다.” 츠바사 카시와자키가 말한다.

> Taek-boong says "Go ahead, Tsubasa. You are welcome to ask, since you are my teammate who I should trust."

"I think we should refuse the mission," Tsubasa Kashiwazaki says. "I don't want to risk my life for nothing."

"It's not for nothing," you say. "This mission could save many lives in the future."

"But what if something goes wrong? It's a very risky mission.

>”물론이야, 츠바사. 너는 신뢰해야 하는 팀원인 만큼 언제든지.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

“임무를 포기해야 한다고 생각한다.” 츠바사 카시와자키가 말한다. “무의미한 일에 내 목숨을 걸고 싶지는 않아.”

“무의미하다니.” 당신이 말한다. “이 임무는 미래에 많은 목숨을 구할 수 있을 거야.”

“하지만 무언가가 잘못되면 어쩔 거지? 위험천만한 임무다.”

> Taek-boong says "Something always could have gone wrong. The mission to aid the Harajuku Shelter was no exception to that. I have known that since I first became a Devil Buster, Tsubasa. Being a Devil Buster means that you are putting yourself at risk against the demons, that you are willing to protect those who you care about, and that you are refusing to let others experience the merciless horror that demons will lash out. I was willing to take that responsibility as I became a Devil Buster. I want to keep others safe, for them to never suffer the pain of losing someone who are dear to them. That includes our squad members. That includes you, Tsubasa. That is what makes me a Devil Buster. That is why I am willing to take the risk."

Tsubasa Kashiwazaki seems to be a little bit more confident.

"You're right, Taek-boong," Tsubasa Kashiwazaki says. "I'm sorry for not having enough trust in you and the rest of the squad. I'll try to improve myself so that we can all work together better.

>”언제든지 무엇인가 잘못될 수 있었어. 하라주쿠 쉘터를 구조하는 임무도 마찬가지였어. 데빌 버스터가 된 첫 날부터 나는 그 점을 알고 있었어, 츠바사. 데빌 버스터가 된다는 것은 자기 자신을 악마의 위협에 노출한다는 것이고, 그렇게 하면서까지 소중한 사람들을 지키겠다는 뜻이고, 악마들이 보일 끔찍한 공포를 다른 이들이 겪게 하는 것을 거부한다는 의미야. 데빌 버스터가 되면서, 나는 그 책임을 지기로 했어. 나는 다른 사람들을 안전하게 하고 싶어. 자신에게 소중한 누군가를 잃는 고통을 겪지 않도록. 거기에는 우리 소대원들도 포함 돼. 너도 말이야, 츠바사. 그게 바로 나를 데빌 버스터로 만드는 거야. 그게 바로 내가 위험을 감수하는 이유고.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

츠바사 카시와자키는 조금 더 자신감을 되찾은 것 같다.

“네 말이 맞구나, 텍붕이.” 츠바사 카시와자키가 말한다. “너와 다른 소대원들에게 충분히 신뢰를 주지 않아서 미안하다. 모두가 잘 해낼 수 있도록 단련에 힘쓰도록 하지.”

> Taek-boong says "Everyone has their moment of doubt. I won't judge anyone because of that. I am glad to see that you are confident again, Tsubasa. It would be a shame to see sorrow on such a beautiful face."

Tsubasa Kashiwazaki's face turns red.

"Ah... um... well..." Tsubasa stutters. "Let's get going, Taek-boong!"

The two of you head to the meeting room for the mission briefing.

You walk into the room.

>”사람은 모두 자신을 의심하는 때가 있어. 나는 그것을 보고 상대를 결론 지을 생각은 없어. 다시 자신감을 되찾아서 다행이야, 츠바사. 그렇게 예쁜 얼굴은 슬퍼 보이면 안타깝잖아.”

츠바사 카시와자키의 얼굴이 붉어진다.

“아… 어… 그…” 츠바사가 말을 더듬는다. “어서 가자, 텍붕이!”

둘은 임무의 브리핑을 듣기 위해서 회의실로 향했다.

당신은 방 안으로 들어섰다.

> Taek-boong enters the room, Taek-boong see that the mission briefing about collecting plastics and rubbers from Tokyo is about to start.

"Good morning, everyone," Lieutenant Tachibana says.

You all line up and give a salute.

"At ease," Lieutenant Tachibana says. "Now, we have a very important mission for you all. We need you all to collect the plastics and rubbers throughout the city of Tokyo.

>텍붕이가 방 안에 들어서자, 텍붕이는 도쿄로부터 플라스틱과 고무를 수집하는 임무의 브리핑이 시작하려는 것을 보게 되었다.

“다들 잘 잤나?” 타치바나 중위가 말한다.

소대원들은 모두 일어서서 경례한다.

“쉬어.” 타치바나 중위가 말한다. “오늘, 모두에게 아주 중요한 임무가 배정되었어. 너희들은 도쿄에서 플라스틱과 고무를 수집해야 돼.”

> Taek-boong says "For the new hazmat suits, I see. Is there any particular place that we might be able to collect many plastics and rubbers, Lieutenant?"

"Yes, Taek-boong," Lieutenant Tachibana says. "We need at least three hundred kilograms of plastics and rubbers. The best place to look would be near the electronics shops, where all of the computers and appliances are."

"Understood," you say.

"I'll help," Tsubasa says. "I'm good at finding rare materials."

"Great!"

>”새로운 방호복을 위해서입니까. 혹시 플라스틱과 고무를 특히 많이 수집할 만한 장소를 알고 계십니까, 중위님?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

“그래, 텍붕아.” 타치바나 중위가 말한다. “우리는 최소 300kg의 플라스틱과 고무를 찾아야 해. 가장 찾기 좋은 장소는 컴퓨터와 가전 제품이 있는 전자 제품 상점일 거야.”

“알겠습니다.” 당신이 말한다.

“저도 돕겠습니다.” 츠바사가 말한다. “희귀한 물품을 찾는 데에는 자신이 있습니다.”

“좋아!”

> Taek-boong says "How about you two, Kyoko, Yuzuki? Ready for some scavenging in Tokyo?"

"I could use a break from the cooking," Kyoko says.

"I'm ready to go," Yuzuki says, smiling.

"Great, everyone's here!" Tsubasa says. "Let's all go scavenging."

You all head out of the meeting room and get into the elevator.

>”너희 둘은 어때? 쿄코, 유즈키? 도쿄에서 보물 찾기할 준비는 됐어?”

“요리를 좀 쉴 때도 됐지.” 쿄코가 말한다.

“언제든지.” 유즈키는 미소 지으며 말한다.

“좋아, 모두 가는군!” 츠바사가 말한다. “모두 보물 찾기를 하러 떠나지.”

당신들은 회의실 밖으로 나서, 엘리베이터 안으로 들어섰다.

> Taek-boong says "Lieutenant Tachibana, is there any specific route you have in mind to go near the electronics shops?"

"Ah, yes," Lieutenant Tachibana says. "We can take the shortest route, which is going to be a little dangerous. Or we can take the safe and longer route, but that would take forever."

"Let's take the shortest route," Yuzuki says.

"Alright then," Lieutenant Tachibana says. "Let's go!"

You all head to the garage.

"I'll drive," Kyoko says.

"Kyoko's the best driver here," Tsubasa says. "Right, Taek-boong?"

"Yeah... I'll get in the passenger seat, then," Taek-boong says.

>”타치바나 중위님, 혹시 전자 제품 상점 근처까지 향하는 데 생각해두신 특별한 경로가 있으십니까?”

“아, 물론이야.” 타치바나 중위가 말한다. “조금 위험할 수도 있는 지름길로 가거나, 아니면 오고 가는 데 한 세월인 안전하고 긴 길이야.”

“지름길로 하고 싶습니다.” 유즈키가 말한다.

“좋아.” 타치바나 중위가 말한다. “가자!”

모두가 주차장으로 향한다.

“내가 운전할께.” 쿄코가 말한다.

“쿄코는 우리 중에서 가장 운전 실력이 뛰어나지.” 츠바사가 말한다. “안 그런가, 텍붕이?”

“인정… 나는 뒷 좌석에 앉을께.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

> Taek-boong gets in the back passenger seat, and straps on the seat belt. Taek-boong see that Tsubasa and Yuzuki also gets in the back passenger seat, while Lieutenant Tachibana gets in the front passenger seat. Kyoko gets in the driver's seat, and starts the engine.

"Ready?" Kyoko asks.

"Ready!" everyone else says.

Kyoko puts the truck in gear, and drives out of the garage.

"Hold on, everyone!" Kyoko says. "Here we go!"

The truck drives out of the safe zone, and into the ruined streets of Tokyo.

>텍붕이는 뒷 좌석에 앉고, 안전 벨트를 멨다. 텍붕이는 츠바사와 유즈키도 역시 같은 뒷 자석에 앉고, 타치바나 중위는 앞 좌석에 앉는 것을 보았다. 쿄코는 운전자 좌석에 앉고, 시동을 건다.

“고?” 쿄코가 묻는다.

“고!” 다른 모두가 말한다.

쿄코는 트럭의 기어를 조작하고, 주차장으로부터 빠져나온다.

“다들 꽉 잡아!” 쿄코가 말한다. “간다!”

트럭은 안전 지역으로부터 빠져나오고, 도쿄의 폐허 거리로 나아간다.

> Taek-boong carefully watch the ruined city that was once Tokyo. Barren wasteland, buildings that have fell apart, windows cracked and shattered, empty streets that once should have been filled with humans. Taek-boong only wonder if the ruined city could be brought back to its past glory, as the Kyoko drives the truck towards the electronics shop.

"I'll go on ahead," Tsubasa says, as the truck slows down. "I can run faster than you can drive."

"Alright," Kyoko says. "Be careful."

Tsubasa nods, and jumps out of the truck. The truck pulls up in front of an electronics shop.

>텍붕이는 한 때 도쿄였던 폐허 도시를 조심스럽게 바라본다. 황무지, 무너진 건물, 금이 가고 부숴진 창문, 한 때 인간으로 가득했을 거리. 쿄코가 전자 제품 상점으로 트럭을 몰고 가며, 텍붕이는 이 붕괴된 도시가 과거의 전성기를 되찾을 수 있을 지 상상만 할 수 있을 뿐이었다.

“먼저 가도록 하지.” 트럭이 점차 속도를 늦추자, 츠바사가 말한다. “네가 운전하는 것보다 더 빨리 달릴 수 있으니까.”

“알겠어.” 쿄코가 말한다. “조심해.”

츠바사는 고개를 끄덕이고는, 트럭 밖으로 뛰쳐나간다. 트럭은 전자 제품 상점 앞에 멈춘다.

> Taek-boong carefully gets out of the truck, while Kyoko, Yuzuki, and Lieutenant Tachibana does the same. All of the squad stand in front of the long-abandoned electronics shop, which Tsubasa has already entered to scout.

"How does it look, Tsubasa?" Lieutenant Tachibana asks. "Anything dangerous?"

"It's clear," Tsubasa says, poking her head out of the door. "Come on in."

Kyoko runs into the store first, with Yuzuki following.

>텍붕이는 조심스럽게 트럭에서 나온다. 쿄코, 유즈키, 그리고 타치바나 중위도 똑같다. 모든 소대원들은 이미 츠바사가 정찰하기 위해 들어선 버려진 지 오래된 전자 제품 상점 앞에 있었다.

“어때, 츠바사?” 타치바나 중위가 말한다. “위험 요소는?”

“비어있습니다.” 츠바사가 문으로부터 머리를 내밀며 말한다. “들어오십시오.”

쿄코가 상점 안으로 먼저 달려들어가고, 유즈키가 그 뒤를 따른다.

> Taek-boong follows into the long-abandoned electronics shop after Yuzuki. Taek-boong carefully observe the elctronics shop, observing how the shop looks inside.

The store is in surprisingly good condition, although there is dust and cobwebs everywhere. There are displays that show televisions, computers, tablets, and other devices that Taek-boong doesn't recognize.

"Man," Taek-boong says. "This store hasn't been looted."

"Let's not take that as a given,"

>텍붕이는 유즈키의 뒤를 따라 버려진 지 오래된 전자 제품 상점 안으로 들어갔다. 텍붕이는 상점 안을 관찰하며, 그 안이 어떻게 생겼는 지를 본다.

먼지와 거미줄이 여기저기 가득한 것을 제외하면, 상점은 놀라울 정도로 양호한 상태였다. 가게 선반 위에는 텔레비전, 컴퓨터, 태블릿, 그리고 텍붕이가 모르는 기타 전자 제품이 나열되어 있었다.

“실화냐.” 텍붕이가 말한다. “용케도 안 털렸네.”

“이것만으로 단정 짓지는 말도록.”

> Taek-boong says "You are right. Lieutenant Tachibana, how exactly shall we retrieve plastic and rubber from this electronics shop?"

"We'll need to start looking for the storage room," she says. "Come on, this way."

Tachibana leads the team towards a door at the back of the store. She opens it, revealing a staircase heading downwards.

"This is probably where all the stuff we need is," she says. "Let's head down there, and start looking for it."

"You sure that's a good idea?" Kyoko asks. "Won't it be dark?"

"We've got flashlights, and we'll be careful,"

>”알겠습니다. 타치바나 중위님, 이 전자 제품 상점에서 정확히 어떻게 플라스틱과 고무를 가져가실 생각이십니까?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

“창고부터 먼저 찾아야 돼.” 그녀가 말한다. “자, 이 쪽이야.”

타치바나는 상점 뒤쪽에 있는 문으로 이끌었다. 그녀가 문을 열자, 그 안에는 아래로 향하는 계단이 보였다.

“아마 여기에 우리가 필요한 게 전부 있을 거야.” 타치바나가 말한다. “어서 내려가서, 찾도록 하자.”

“정말 괜찮겠습니까?” 쿄코가 묻는다. “너무 어둡지 않겠습니까?”

“손전등은 이미 가지고 왔어. 거기에 조심하면 돼.”

> Taek-boong says "Should I head in first, Lieutenant?"

"Yes, that would be good," Lieutenant Tachibana says. "Let's see how good your senses are."

Taek-boong nods, and heads into the doorway. He hears the others follow him down the stairs behind him. At the bottom of the stairs is a long, dark corridor.

>”먼저 들어가도 되겠습니까, 중위님?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

“그래, 좋은 생각이네.” 타치바나 중위가 말한다. “얼마나 감이 좋은 지 보자고.”

텍붕이는 고개를 끄덕이며, 문 안으로 들어갔다. 그는 뒤에서부터 다른 소대원들이 따라오는 것을 들었다. 계단을 전부 내려가자, 어둡고 긴 복도가 보였다.

> Taek-boong turns on the flashlight, and carefully watch the long, dark corridor as Taek-boong step forward. This corridor would lead to the storage room, where it would hold vast amount of plastics and rubbers like Lieutenant Tachibana had said.

"Let's go," Kyoko whispers.

Taek-boong turns on his flashlight, shining it down the corridor. The darkness is pushed back by the beam of light, revealing a long hallway. You watch as Kyoko, Yuzuki, Tsubasa, and Lieutenant Tachibana all follow you down the corridor.

"Be careful,"

>텍붕이는 손전등을 키고, 앞으로 나아가며 어둡고 긴 복도를 조심스럽게 살폈다. 이 복도는 타치바나 중위가 말한 것과 같이 플라스틱과 고무로 가득한 창고로 이어질 것이다.

“가자.” 쿄코가 속삭인다.

텍붕이는 손전등을 켜서, 복도의 어둠을 몰아냈다. 어둠은 손전등의 빛에 의해 쫓겨나며, 긴 복도를 남겼다. 당신은 쿄코, 유즈키, 츠바사, 그리고 타치바나 중위가 뒤에서 따라오는 것을 보았다.

“조심해.”

> Taek-boong nods, and starts to step forward into the corridor carefully. As Taek-boong shine the flashlight on to the dark corridor, Taek-boong observe what it is like.

The corridor is dark, as the only source of lighting is coming from the flashlight. There are many doors that branch off from it; they could lead to anything. There is a musty smell in the air, and you can hear the scurrying of tiny feet, as well as the flapping of bat wings.

>텍붕이는 고개를 끄덕이며, 조심스럽게 복도로 걸어나갔다. 텍붕이는 어두운 복도에 손전등을 비추며, 어떻게 생겼는 지를 확인한다.

유일한 빛이 손전등에서 나오는 만큼, 복도는 어둡다. 복도에서는 어디로 이어질 지 모르는 여러 문들이 보였다. 곰팡이 냄새가 주변을 감돌고 있었고, 당신은 작은 발이 달아나는 소리와 박쥐가 날개를 펄럭이는 소리를 들었다.

> Taek-boong says "Lieutenant, I see several doors in the corridor. Which way shall we go first?"

"I don't know," Lieutenant Tachibana says. "Let's try that one."

She points to a door at the end of the corridor, the bottom half of which is buckled and smashed open.

"That's the door to the storage room," Kyoko whispers.

>”중위님, 복도에 여러 문이 보입니다. 어느 쪽으로 먼저 가시겠습니까?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

“모르겠네.” 타치바나 중위가 말한다. “저것부터 시도해보자.”

그녀는 아래 쪽 절반이 구부러지고 부숴진 복도 끝의 문을 가리켰다.

“저기가 창고야.” 쿄코가 속삭인다.

> Taek-boong says "Alright. Let's check that door first."

You nod.

"Alright. Let's go."

You walk along the corridor to the door, Kyoko and Yuzuki behind you and Tsubasa guarding the rear. You reach the door, and you put your hand on the handle.

"Ready?" you ask.

The girls nod.

>”알겠습니다. 저 문부터 확인하겠습니다.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

당신은 고개를 끄덕인다.

“어서 가자.”

당신은 복도를 걸어서 그 끝의 문 앞에 간다. 쿄코와 유즈키는 당신 바로 뒤에 있고, 츠바사가 가장 뒤를 지키고 있다. 당신은 문 앞에 도착하고, 손잡이 위에 손을 댄다.

“준비는 됐어?”

소대원들이 고개를 끄덕인다.

> Taek-boong takes one of his hand on the sword's hilt, and silently grabs the doorknob. Taking a deep breath, Taek-boong carefully open the door that would lead to the long-abandoned storage room.

You grab the doorknob, and slowly turn it. You push the door open, revealing the dark room inside. The flashlight reveals that the room is empty, except for dust and a few cobwebs.

>텍붕이는 한 손으로 검의 손잡이를 쥐고는, 나머지 한 손으로 조용히 손잡이를 잡았다. 깊게 숨을 들이쉰 뒤, 텍붕이는 버려진 지 오래된 창고로 이어질 문을 열었다.

당신은 손잡이를 잡고, 천천히 돌린다. 당신이 문을 열자, 그 안에는 어두운 방이 있었다. 손전등의 빛은 먼지와 거미줄 몇 개만 빼고는 이 방이 비어있다는 것을 보여주고 있었다.

> Taek-boong uses the flashlight to further inspect the room, to see if there is anything of notice.

You shine the flashlight around the room. The light illuminates a thick layer of dust on the floor and a cobwebbed couch in the corner of the room.

"This is the place," you hear Yuzuki whisper. "I remember this room..."

>텍붕이는 손전등으로 방 안으로 더 비추며, 특이한 점이 있는 지 확인했다.

당신은 방 안을 손전등으로 비추었다. 손전등의 빛은 바닥의 두꺼운 먼지와 방 구석에 있는 거미줄 뭉치를 보여주었다.

“이 방…” 당신은 유즈키가 속삭이는 것을 듣는다. “나, 이 방 기억나…”

> Taek-boong says "Yuzuki? Do you remember this room?"

"Yes," Yuzuki nods. "I was in here when the demons came. I remember being so scared..."

You see a glint of metal on the floor and move closer to investigate. It's half of a playing card, a Queen of Hearts.

>”유즈키? 이 방에 대해서 기억이 난다고?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

“응.” 유즈키가 말한다. “악마들이 나타났을 때, 나는 여기에 있었거든. 너무 무서웠어…”

당신은 바닥에 금속이 번쩍이는 것을 보고, 확인하기 위해 접근했다. 그것은 반쪽 자리 트럼프 카드, 하트의 여왕이었다.

> Taek-boong says "A playing card? What is this doing here?"

You bend down to pick up the half of the card, and show it to the other girls.

"What does it mean?" you ask.

Suddenly, you hear a growling sound behind you. You whirl around to see a demon standing in the doorway.

>”트럼프 카드? 이런 것이 왜 여기에?” 텍붕이가 말한다.

당신은 반쪽 자리 카드를 주워 들고, 다른 소대원들에게 보여주었다.

“무슨 의미지?” 당신이 묻는다.

갑자기, 당신은 뒤에서 으르렁거리는 소리를 들었다. 당신이 뒤돌아보자, 악마가 문 쪽에 서 있었따.

> Taek-boong turns on the Devil Communications System in his wrist portable computer, which will allow him to speak with demons without risks. "We mean no harm. We come in peace. We are just here to search for what we need." Taek-boong say while stepping forward.

The demon growls.

"We... will let you pass... for a price."

A second demon appears.

"What do you want?" Taek-boong asks.

The demons don't answer, but instead both look at you expectantly.

>텍붕이는 리스크 없이 악마들과 대화를 할 수 있도록 해줄 데빌 커뮤니케이션 시스템 프로그램을 켰다. “해칠 생각은 없습니다. 평화롭게 해결하고 싶습니다. 저희는 찾고 싶은 게 있어서 여기에 왔습니다.” 텍붕이가 한 발짝 나서며 말한다.

악마는 으르렁거린다.

“대가를 치루면… 지나가게… 해줄께.”

두 번째 악마가 나타난다.

“무엇을 원하십니까?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

악마들은 대답하지 않는다. 그 대신, 기대감을 가지고 당신을 바라본다.

> Taek-boong says "Do you seek something from me? Speak the price, as I will consider it."

The demons pause, staring at you.

"Speak!" Taek-boong says, raising his voice.

The demons take a step backwards, but don't speak.

"I can't negotiate with you if you don't tell me what you want," Taek-boong says.

"You... you want something from us?"

>”저로부터 무언가를 원하십니까? 대가를 말하십시오. 진지하게 생각하겠습니다.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

악마들은 멈추고, 당신을 바라본다.

“말하십시오!” 텍붕이는 목소리를 더 크게 키워서 말한다.

악마들은 한 발짝 물러서지만, 아무 말도 하지 않는다.

“당신들께서 원하시는 바를 말하지 않는다면, 교섭에 응할 수 없습니다.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

“너… 우리로부터 무엇을 원해?”

> Taek-boong quietly observes what the two look like. Taek-boong know it could be any kind of supernatural beings that are not human. Knowing what type of supernatural beings they are is a key to successful negotiation.

They both look like young humans, but you can't be sure.

"We're looking for our sister," the first demon says. "She was taken away by the angels. We... we want her back."

"We'll do anything for her safe return," the second continues. "Please, we just want her back.

>텍붕이는 두 악마가 어떻게 생겼는 지를 조용히 관찰한다. 텍붕이는 인간이 아닌, 그 어떠한 초자연적 존재일 수도 있다는 점을 알고 있었다. 두 악마가 정확히 무엇인 지를 아는 것은 성공적인 교섭의 열쇠일 것이다.

그 둘은 어린 인간처럼 보이지만, 당신은 확신할 수 없었다.

“우리 여동생을 찾고 있어.” 첫 번째 악마가 말한다. “천사들이 데려갔어. 우리는… 우리는 그저 여동생을 다시 보고 싶어.”

“만약 여동생을 무사히 데려온다면 무엇이든지 할께.” 두 번째 악마가 말한다. “제발, 부탁이야.”

> Taek-boong looks at the demons that seem to two young girls. Taek-boong take one step forward, and then kneel on the ground with one knee, to make eye contact with the two. Taek-boong says "Then, I'll ask some questions. Will that be okay with you?"

The demons both nod.

"How long has your sister been missing?"

"A few days," the first demon says.

"If you bring her back to us, we'll give you anything you want," the second adds.

You nod. "I'll do my best to find her, then."

"Thank you."

>텍붕이는 두 어린 소녀처럼 보이는 악마들을 바라보았다. 텍붕이는 한 발짝 더 앞서고는, 땅에 무릎 한 쪽을 대어 눈높이를 마주쳤다. “그렇다면, 질문을 몇 가지 하겠습니다. 괜찮으시겠습니까?” 텍붕이가 말한다.

두 악마 모두 고개를 끄덕인다.

“여동생 분이 사라지신 지 얼마나 되었습니까?”

“며칠 되었어.” 첫 번째 악마가 말한다.

“만약 데려온다면, 뭐든지 할께.” 두 번째 악마가 말한다.

“최선을 다해보도록 하지요.” 당신이 고개를 끄덕인다.

“고마워.”

> Taek-boong says "What's your sister's name? How does she look like?"

"Her name's Yuki. She's ten years old, with white hair and red eyes."

"I'm Shiro. She has a big snowflake-shaped birthmark on her right thigh."

>”여동생 분의 성함은 어떻게 됩니까? 어떻게 생기셨습니까?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

“걔 이름은 유키야. 열 살 쯤 되어 보이고, 흰 머리에 붉은 눈이야.”

“나는 시로야. 걔는 오른쪽 허벅지에 눈송이 모양 점이 있어.”

> Taek-boong says "White hair, and a birthmark shaped like a snowflake... does that mean Yuki is a snow woman?"

"Yeah. She's amazing. She can make it snow anytime, anywhere."

"She's so cute that we can't help but love her."

"We have a big family, but Yuki is the youngest.

>”흰 머리에 눈송이 모양의 점… 혹시 유키라는 분은 설녀입니까?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

“응. 굉장해. 언제 어디서든 눈을 만들 수 있어.”

“너무 귀여워서 정말 어쩔 수 없다니까.”

“우리는 대가족이고, 유키가 가장 막내야.”

> Taek-boong says "I see... do you know the reason why the angels took Yuki?"

The demons shake their heads.

"We don't know why, but angels don't have a good reputation among our kind." "They say they're ruthless. They have no regard for our lives.

>”그렇군요… 혹시 어째서 천사들이 유키를 데려갔는 지 아십니까?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

두 악마들은 고개를 젓는다.

“어째서인지 몰라. 천사들은 우리들 사이에서 평판이 나빠.” “무자비하다는 말도 있어. 우리들 목숨은 하나도 신경 안 쓴 대.”

> Taek-boong says "I'll take note of that. Do you know where the angels could have went?"

"I saw a bunch of them fly over the river." "There's an old abandoned factory over there. I think they might have gone there."

"Are you going to go?"

"Yes."

"Please, bring Yuki back to us... and if you can, please kill all the angels you see.”

>”명심하도록 하겠습니다. 혹시 천사들이 어디로 갔는 지 아십니까?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

“천사 떼가 강 너머로 가는 거 봤어.” “저기에 버려진 지 오래된 공장이 있어. 내 생각에는 걔네들 거기 간 것 같아.”

“갈 거야?”

“예.”

“부탁이야, 유키를 데려와 줘… 만약 할 수 있다면, 보는 족족 천사들을 죽여줘.”

> Taek-boong says "I promise that I'll go to the factory after I complete the mission. I can't promise you two that I'll slay every angels on first sight. I'll try to convince them to release Yuki. If they act ruthless as you speak... then I'll promise to bring back Yuki even if I was to face them on combat."

The demons smile a bit. "Thank you, human."

You nod. "I'll go now. I'll head to that factory."

"We'll be waiting."

“임무를 완수하고 나서 바로 공장에 가겠다고 약속드리겠습니다. 두 분께 천사들을 보자마자 모두 쓰러뜨리겠다고 약속은 못 드립니다. 한 번 유키를 놓아달라고 설득을 해볼 생각이니까요. 만약 천사들이 두 분께서 말씀하신 것처럼 무자비하다면… 그렇다면 전투를 감수하고서라도 유키를 데려오겠습니다.”

악마들이 살짝 웃는다. “고마워, 인간.”

당신이 고개를 끄덕인다. “이제는 가도록 하지요. 공장은 꼭 가겠습니다.”

“기다릴께.”

> Taek-boong says "By the way, can you help us collect plastics and rubbers from the storage room? The sooner we do so, the faster I may head to the factory to save Yuki."

"Yeah, sure." "We'll help you."

You nod. "Thanks. I appreciate it."

"Hey, we need to get our hands on a lot of rubbers." "And it's not like there are a lot of humans left..."

>”아, 그렇지. 혹시 두 분께서 창고에 있는 플라스틱과 고무를 모으시는 데 도와주실 수 있으십니까? 더 빨리 할수록, 유키를 구하기 위해 더 빨리 공장에 갈 수 있을 듯 합니다.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

“그래.” “도와줄께.”

“정말로 감사합니다.” 당신이 고개를 끄덕인다.

“우리도 고무에 많이 손 댔으니까.” “인간이 많이 남은 것도 아니고.”

> Taek-boong and the squad gets help from the two demons. Soon enough, the squad collects more than enough rubbers and plastics from the storage room to complete the mission. You, Tsubasa, Kyoko, Yuzuki, and Lieutenant Tachibana close the truck's trunk, filled with plastics and rubbers.

"Alright, I guess that's all of it." "Thanks for your help, demons."

The demons smile at you. "Good luck, human."

"Yeah, best of luck."

You nod. "I'll see you two later."

>텍붕이와 소대원들은 두 악마로부터 도움을 받았다. 얼마 지나지 않아, 소대는 임무를 완수하고도 남을 만한 양의 플라스틱과 고무를 수집할 수 있었다. 당신, 츠바사, 쿄코, 그리고 타치바나 중위는 플라스틱과 고무로 가득 찬 트럭의 트렁크를 닫았다.

“좋아, 전부 들어갔어.” “도와주셔서 감사합니다.”

두 악마가 당신에게 미소를 짓는다. “행운을 빌께, 인간.”

“맞아, 행운을 빌어.”

당신은 고개를 끄덕인다. “나중에 다시 뵙겠습니다.”

> Taek-boong and the rest of the squad gets in the seat. Kyoko gets in the driver's seat and Lieutenant Tachibana sits next to her. Kyoko starts the truck's engine. The truck starts to head back to the Hatsudai Shelter. Taek-boong could only wonder why the angels would have kidnapped a young girl, as Taek-boong watch the ruins that was once Tokyo.

Suddenly, the truck stops. "Uh-oh."

"What's wrong?" "Did we run out of gas?" you ask.

"No, we still have some left."

"Then what's the problem?"

Kyoko gets off from her seat. "There's an obstacle on the road."

>텍붕이와 나머지 소대원들은 트럭 좌석에 앉았다. 쿄코는 운전자 좌석에 앉았고, 타치바나 중위는 그 옆에 앉았다. 쿄코가 트럭의 시동을 건다. 트럭은 하츠다이 쉘터로 돌아가기 시작한다. 텍붕이는 한 때 도쿄였던 폐허를 바라보며, 어째서 천사들이 어린 악마를 납치했는 지에 대해서 의아할 수 밖에 없었다.

갑자기, 트럭이 멈춘다. “앗.”

“무슨 일이십니까?” “연료를 다 썼습니까?” 당신이 묻는다.

“아니, 아직 조금 남았어.”

“그렇다면 무슨 일이십니까?”

쿄코가 좌석에서 일어난다. “길 위에 장애물이 있어.”

> Taek-boong carefully observes the front window, to see what exactly is the obstacle that Kyoko talked about.

It's a demon. A big one, too. It's huge, at least twice as large as the two demons you encountered before. It has long white hair and black horns that protrude from its head. It wears a tattered white robe. And it holds a katana in its hand.

>텍붕이는 쿄코가 말한 장애물이 정확히 무엇인지 알아보기 위해서 앞 쪽 창문을 조심스럽게 관찰했다.

악마다. 굉장히 큰 악마다. 하라주쿠 쉘터에서 당신이 마주친 두 악마들보다 두 배는 더 컸다. 악마는 머리에서 검은 뿔이 솟아나 있었고, 긴 백발을 휘날리고 있었다. 악마는 해진 백색의 로브를 입고, 손에는 카타나를 쥐고 있었다.

> Taek-boong says "Looks like we have no choice. Lieutenant Tachibana, I ask for your permission to get out of the truck."

"Permission denied, Taek-boong. We need to think of something else."

"We can't go back or forward. The shelter is still far away. We'll be dead before we get there."

The demon begins to approach the truck slowly. "I don't think he's going to give us a choice.

>”어쩔 수 없습니다. 타치바나 중위님, 트럭에서 나갈 수 있도록 허락해주셨으면 합니다.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

“허락할 수 없어, 텍붕이. 다른 방법을 생각해야 해.”

“저희는 앞으로도, 뒤로도 갈 수 없습니다. 아직 쉘터는 멀고, 이대로는 가기도 전에 전멸할 것입니다.”

악마는 트럭에 천천히 접근한다. “악마가 저희에게 선택권을 주지는 않을 것 같습니다.”

> Taek-boong says "Lieutenant Tachibana, there is currently no possible options for us to bypass the demon without diverting its attention. I would like to volunteer as a distraction. If a combat happens, I suggest the truck to drive away to the shelter as quickly as possible."

"Out of the question. There has to be another way."

"There is no other way."

The demon is now close enough to see clearly. It raises its sword and roars.

"Alright, Taek-boong. I'll let you do it."

"I'm sorry for what I'm going to do next."

>”타치바나 중위님, 현재 악마의 관심을 다른 곳에 끌지 않고서는 길을 지나갈 방법이 없습니다. 제가 미끼로 지원하겠습니다. 전투가 일어난다면, 트럭을 하츠다이 쉘터까지 최대한 빨리 몰고 가시는 것을 제안드립니다.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

“말도 안 되는 소리를. 다른 방법이 있을 거야.”

악마는 이제 명확히 보일 정도로 접근했다. 그것은 검을 들고, 함성을 지른다.

“알았어, 텍붕이. 허락할께.”

“이 다음에 할 일은 미리 사죄드리겠습니다.”

> Taek-boong grabs the huge sword that he pulled out from a rock from the Harajuku Shelter, and gets out of the truck. Devil Communications System program was running in his wristband portable computer, and it would allow him to talk with the demon without risks. "What intentions do you have for blocking the road?"

The demon answers. It speaks in a low, rumbling voice. "I'm not going to let you go past this point. Turn back."

"We have to get to the shelter."

"Turn back."

"No."

The demon charges at Taek-boong. He jumps out of the way just in time.

>텍붕이는 하라주쿠 쉘터에 있던 바위로부터 뽑아낸 대검을 들고, 트럭 밖으로 나왔다. 손목 부착형 컴퓨터에서 작동 중인 데빌 커뮤니케이션 시스템은 리스크 없이 악마와 대화할 수 있도록 해줄 것이다. “길을 막으시는 의도가 무엇입니까?”

악마가 대답한다. 그것은 낮은, 울리는 목소리로 말한다. “여기는 지나갈 수 없다. 돌아가라.”

“쉘터로 반드시 가야 합니다.”

“돌아가라.”

“안 됩니다.”

악마는 텍붕이를 향해 돌진한다. 텍붕이는 아슬아슬하게 점프해서 피한다.

> Taek-boong evades the demon's blow gracefully, somersaulting in the air as the huge blade Taek-boong pulled out from a rock cuts at the demon's back like a helicopter rotor with finesse.

The demon turns around and swings his blade at you. You jump out of the way.

"So you can dance, do you?"

You swing your sword at the demon's head, but he blocks your attack.

"You're a pretty good swordsman."

The demon swings his blade again, but this time at your feet.

>텍붕이는 악마의 공격을 우아하게 피하며, 공중 제비를 돈다. 바위로부터 뽑아낸 대검은 마치 헬리콥터의 날개처럼 회전하며 기교 있게 악마의 등을 베어낸다.

악마는 뒤로 돌아 당신에게 카타나를 휘두른다. 당신은 점프해서 피한다.

“제법 잽싸구나?”

당신은 악마의 머리를 향해 대검을 휘두르지만, 악마는 공격을 막았다.

“칼 다루는 솜씨가 제법이군.”

악마는 이번에는 당신의 발을 노리며 카타나를 휘둘렀다.

> Taek-boong knew that this was an opening. A swordsman who swings at an opponent's leg cannot win against a foe who swings at his head, for the latter is a counter for the former. A cut to the head will strike true before the cut to the legs. Taek-boong swing the huge sword against the demon's head, which is wide open.

The huge blade strikes the demon's head, and he falls to the ground. He tries to get up, but he is unable to do so.

"Well done," he says, "I never thought that I would be defeated."

"Who are you?

>텍붕이는 이것이 빈 틈임을 알았다. 다리를 향해 베는 검객은 머리를 향해 베는 검객을 이겨낼 수 없었다. 후자는 전자의 카운터였다. 머리를 향한 베기는 다리를 향한 베기보다 먼저 끝난다. 텍붕이는 가드가 열린 악마의 머리를 향해 대검을 휘둘렀다.

대검은 악마의 머리를 가르고, 악마는 땅에 쓰러진다. 악마는 다시 일어서려고 하나, 그럴 힘이 없어 보였다.

“훌륭하구나.” 그가 말한다. “한 번도 내가 질 거라고는 생각 못 했다.”

“당신은 누구입니까?”

> Taek-boong says "I've never heard of a demon who could wield a blade so well. Who are you? Who ordered you to block the way to the Hatsudai Shelter?"

"My name is Azazel. I was ordered by Baal, the ruler of Tokyo to stop anyone from entering the shelter."

"What did he want to do?"

"He wants to take over the world after demons and humans destroyed it. He wants to create a new world, where only the strong survive.

>”이렇게 검을 잘 다루는 악마가 있다는 것은 처음 듣습니다. 당신은 대체 누구입니까? 누가 당신에게 하츠다이 쉘터로 향하는 길을 막으라고 명령했습니까?” 텍붕이가 묻는다.

“나의 이름은 아자젤. 도쿄의 지배자인 바알로부터 쉘터에 진입하려는 그 누구라도 막으라고 명령받았다.”

“바알은 무엇을 하고 싶었던 것입니까?”

“바알은 악마와 인간들이 파괴한 이후의 세계를 정복하고 싶어했지. 오직 강자만이 살아남는 새로운 세상을 만들고 싶어했다.”

> Taek-boong says "A world where only the strong live? I cannot agree to that world. No one in the world deserves to suffer being mocked and losing something dear to them just because someone was stronger than them."

"I see your point," Azazel says, "but I have to follow his orders. I don't want to, but I have no choice."

"We all have a choice. We can either choose to do the right thing, or choose to do the wrong thing. No one can choose for us.

>”오직 강자만이 살아남는 세상 말입니까? 저는 그러한 세상에 공감할 수 없습니다. 세상의 그 누구도 단순히 누가 더 강했다는 이유만으로 모욕을 받고, 소중한 무언가를 잃을 이유 따위는 없습니다.” 텍붕이가 말한다.

“부정할 수만은 없구나.” 아자젤이 말한다. “그러나, 나는 바알의 명령을 따라야 한다. 원하는 바는 아니나, 선택권이 없다.”

“우리 모두 선택할 수 있습니다. 옳은 일이든, 그렇지 않은 일이든 각자 자신이 선택하는 것입니다. 그 누구도 그 선택을 대신할 수는 없습니다.”

> Taek-boong says "Azazel, what do you mean by having no choice? Are you not following Bael's orders by your own choice? That means you have free will. You can choose to defy it."

Azazel looks at you. He seems to be thinking about what you said.

"You are right," he says, "I do have free will. I will not support Bael's plan."

"What are you going to do?

"I will fight alongside you. I can't stop the other demons, but I can help you."

>”아자젤, 선택권이 없다는 것은 무슨 의미입니까? 당신은 스스로의 선택으로 바알의 명령을 따르시는 것이 아니십니까? 그것은 당신이 자유 의지가 있다는 것을 의미합니다. 당신은 바알의 명령을 거역하기를 선택하실 수 있습니다.”

아자젤은 당신을 바라본다. 그는 당신이 말한 것에 대해서 곰곰이 생각하는 듯 하다.

“맞는 말이다.” 그가 말한다. “나는 자유 의지가 존재하지. 나는 바알의 계획을 지지하지 않겠다.”

“어떻게 하실 생각이십니까?”

“너의 곁에서 함께 싸우마. 다른 악마들을 막을 수는 없겠지만, 너를 도울 수는 있을 거다.”

> Taek-boong says "By using the Digital Devil Summoner program, I can make a contract with you. A contract that will bind us to never betray each other, and allow me to summon you on the battlefield. I am Taek-boong, a Devil Buster who promise to stop Baal from terrorizing Tokyo and the innocents who live in it. Azazel, do you agree to my promise, and therefore be willing to become my ally who will answer to my summon?"

"Yes, I do," Azazel says.

You and Azazel shake hands.

"I promise that I will never betray you, Taek-boong."

"I promise that I will never betray you, Azazel."

Your contract is now complete.

>”디지털 데빌 서머너 프로그램을 사용한다면, 당신과 계약을 맺을 수 있습니다. 서로를 절대 배신할 수 없으며, 전장에서 제가 당신을 소환할 수 있도록 해주는 계약이겠지요. 저는 텍붕이, 바알이 도쿄와 그 안의 무고한 이들을 짓밟는 것을 막아내겠노라 맹세한 데빌 버스터입니다. 아자젤, 당신은 제 맹세를 받아들이고, 그에 따라 저의 소환에 응할 아군이 되겠습니까?” 텍붕이가 말한다.

“계약에 응한다.” 아자젤이 말한다.

당신과 아자젤은 손을 잡아서 악수한다.

“그대를 배신하지 않겠노라고 맹세하지, 텍붕이.”

“당신을 배신하지 않겠노라고 맹세하겠습니다, 아자젤.”

당신의 계약은 맺어졌습니다.

> Taek-boong notices a faint glow coming from Taek-boong's wristband portable computer. A message appears on Taek-boong's wristband portable computer saying that Taek-boong's contract with Azazel is complete. Azazel soon glows with a bright, white light, and then zooms inside Taek-boong's wristband portable computer. Azazel is stored inside Taek-boong's wristband portable computer. From now on, Taek-boong can summon Azazel from Taek-boong's Demon Summoning Program.

"Thank you, Taek-boong," Azazel says.

"You're welcome, Azazel."

Azazel has now become the first demon ally that Taek-boong has made.

>텍붕이는 자신의 손목 부착형 컴퓨터로부터 희미한 빛이 나오는 것을 알아챘다. 그 스크린에서부터는 텍붕이의 아자젤과의 계약이 성공적으로 맺어졌다는 메시지가 떴다. 아자젤은 곧 밝은 흰 빛에 감싸이며, 텍붕이의 손목 부착형 컴퓨터로 흘러들어갔다. 아자젤은 텍붕이의 손목 부착형 컴퓨터에 저장되었다. 이제부터, 텍붕이는 아자젤을 악마 소환 프로그램으로 소환할 수 있다.

“고맙다, 텍붕이.” 아자젤이 말한다.

“앞으로 잘 부탁드립니다, 아자젤.”

아자젤은 텍붕이의 첫 동료마가 되었다.