An excerpt from a jester's stand-up comedy routine in a pub in Oracle Reach

"Look, everyone's laughing, aren't they? It's funny, isn't it? But why are they saying it's not allowed? Hahaha. (stops laughing) But even in this situation, there are some people who are trying hard to control their facial muscles, pretending not to find it funny, you know? Like this Eldar noble right here. Whenever I say something like this, they always give me this look (mimics the Eldar's haughty and aloof demeanor), as if they're about to kill me with their gaze. (audience laughs) Oh, and you, the Tau uncle next to them! Don't laugh! You don't have a nose, so your snot might splash directly onto the person in front of you! (audience laughs) Hey, where's our Votann boss? I don't see them anywhere. (looks down) Ah! They were right under my feet, so I couldn't see them! (audience laughs) What's that? Why am I only insulting the xenos? Am I a bigot? Of course I am! I'm a proud citizen of the Imperium. I never say anything praising xenos. Do you know why? (in a quiet voice) Actually, a while ago, I was on stage and I told an Ork maiden that her teeth were really pretty. And that night, while I was sleeping at home, a Regimental Commissar suddenly knocked on my door in the middle of the night, offering me a kind consultation about my fetish for Ork teeth. (audience laughs) We Imperials are all overflowing with love and interest for xenos, so if I show even the slightest bit of such interest, everyone will flock to me and say something, making me so burdened that I can't live! So how can I not be a bigot? I'm telling you, I'm never going to praise xenos again! Only our Imperium is the best! (audience roars with laughter)"

오라클 리치의 한 펍에서 한 광대의 스탠드업 코미디 루틴에서 발췌한 내용입니다.

"봐요, 다들 웃고 있죠? 재밌지 않나요? 그런데 왜 안 된다고 하죠? 하하하. (웃음 멈춤) 하지만 이런 상황에서도 웃기지 않는 척 얼굴 근육을 열심히 조절하는 사람들이 있죠? 여기 이 엘다 귀족처럼요. 제가 이런 말을 할 때마다 그들은 항상 이런 표정(엘다르의 거만하고 냉담한 태도 흉내)을 지으며 저를 죽일 것 같은 눈빛으로 쳐다봐요. (청중 웃음) 아, 그리고 옆에 있는 타우족 아저씨! 웃지 마세요! 코가 없으니까 콧물이 바로 앞에 있는 사람에게 튈 수도 있어요! (청중 웃음) 우리 보탄 보스는 어딨어요? 어디에도 안 보이는데요. (아래를 내려다보며) 아! 내 발 바로 밑에 있어서 못 봤어요! (청중 웃음) 아니, 대체 뭐야? 난 왜 제노들만 모욕하는 거지? 제가 편협한 건가요? 당연히 그렇죠! 저는 자랑스러운 제국 시민이에요. 제노를 칭찬하는 말은 절대 안 해요. 왜 그런지 아세요? (조용한 목소리로) 사실 얼마 전에 무대에서 한 오크 처녀에게 이빨이 정말 예쁘다고 말한 적이 있어요. 그런데 그날 밤 집에서 자고 있는데 한밤중에 연대 커미사르가 갑자기 문을 두드리더니 오크 치아에 대한 페티쉬에 대해 친절하게 상담해 주더군요. (청중 웃음) 우리 제국인들은 제노에 대한 사랑과 관심이 넘쳐나기 때문에 조금이라도 그런 관심을 보이면 다들 몰려와서 뭐라 하니까 너무 부담스러워서 못 살겠어요! 그럼 어떻게 편견이 안 생길 수 있을까요? 난 다시는 제노를 칭찬하지 않을 거야! 우리 임페리움만이 최고야! (청중이 웃으며 포효)"

생각보다 잘 쓰는데

세계관 분위기를 설명하는데 좋을 것 같아서 로어북에 넣어야지.